1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I mean, I don't watch or listen to conservative media for more than, I dunno, a minute a week? So I wouldn't know. (I'm not kidding.)

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think most of us do, to one degree or another. That's why "She's the face of the Democratic Party" draws a collective wrinkled nose in response.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Both can be true.

Honestly, I think it draws the wrinkled nose because it is true, and Dems generally don't want to cop to thinking she's great while simultaneously ceding authority of the party platform to a 29-year-old who's been in Congress for three months.

In that way, they're becoming more like Republicans.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And there's the other bag of shit you were destined to drop. Now you're going to try to read the minds of Democrats and do a piss-poor job of it. Your disdain for Democrats is showing, as is your lack of comprehension.

Democrats aren't giving her the authority of the party platform and I don't think that many even think she is great. She's entertaining. She's playing the role of party attack dog quite well. You clearly don't understand the difference between an attack dog for a party and the face of the party.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They're more and more becoming one in the same, I think. Grievance is power.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They aren't the same, but nice bluff.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A bluff would suggest I'm laying a trap for you. I'm not.

I absolutely think grievance has a kind of power in our culture now. It's extraordinary to behold the litany of complaints about power dynamics in our country. The amount of people living in chronic physical and emotional pain in America - the prevalence of words like "wounds," "scars," and "trauma" - I'm not sure we've ever been quite so broken. It is an America filled with deep, almost celebratory, unhappiness.

Stoney and FileNotFound like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Now Fuckboy is offering his expert analysis of the Notre Dame fire:

Trump Addresses Notre Dame Cathedral Fire: ‘I Hope’ it Was an Accident

Well.... let's see.

I seem to remember some people seeing something similar to this in New York City on September 11, 2001, when SOME PEOPLE DID SOMETHING.

You remember that, fuckboy? Or were you too busy dancing in the streets with your mooslim buddies in Jersey City? Or jacking off over a picture of Ivanky?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remember Fuckboy and his minions are engaged in a stealth war against the institutional Catholic Church.

I'd guess the Cathedral Of Notre Dame is, or was, probably one of the top five most recognizable landmarks of Catholicism worldwide.

What beautiful symbolism for Bannon, Miller and company.

I HOPE it's an accident, too. But if it isn't, I got a pretty good goddamn idea where to start the suspect list.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

It is so fucking embarrassing to have a total, complete moron as the president. He is every loudmouth drunk at the end of the bar that "knows everything". He is Cliff Clavin without a tenth of the knowledge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.