1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"Talking about Democrats instead" is complaining about bare spots on the lawn while the house burns down.

The President is the inept head of the executive branch of government, and his party has paralyzed the Senate because they're terrified to piss off his base. Democrats have basically no ability to legislate.

So it seems weird that you're focusing your "talk" on Democrats and the way they're perceived by pundits, instead of the manner in which the GOP is governing the country.

HanSenSE and Fred siegle like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree that women have been told this.

I also believe that almost all freshmen senators and congresspeople - men or women - have also been told this. And, before social media, it was pretty standard practice.

Twitter changes it. Instagram changes it. Media companies' need to chase daily traffic highs and algorithms change it. Even if I like Omar's fire - and I do - I don't think her Twitter comments or speeches have greatly helped anybody - her party, herself, anybody - since she arrived.

Again: In sports equivalent, it's the three-round rookie breaking down how the league should work after being in it for three months. That doesn't fly in the NFL or, for that matter, I doubt it flies in the WNBA.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, we can't say AOC's cool. She's not the face of anything - especially the Democratic Party. Nope.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think it seems weird at all. Everyone else focuses on the manner in which the GOP is governing the country, I'm interested in how the Democrats wrest control from the GOP, since, well, the GOP governs the country like it is governing it.

If it bothers you, ignore me, or advocate for a separate thread on the Democrats and/or the 2020 race. There's one thread for politics. Hence, it ain't all gonna be about Trump. Sorry.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You can certainly say she's cool. That is subjective and seems to be true.

If you want to talk about her as the face of the future of the party, go for it.

This crap about being the current face of the party is just you swallowing the load of shit the conservative media is shoveling into your mouth and regurgitating it without thought.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Let's be clear here. Posters saying you are full of shit does not mean anybody is deeply disturbed by you.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She's the hot kid who jumped straight from AA and made the lineup. She's good, and everyone sees her potential, but there have been a lot of rookies who made the jump and then faded in the bigs. It is naive to expect the role players who have paid their dues to hold out a great deal of respect, and the sluggers, well, they're batting clean-up for a reason. The old guys fade and the new kids rise, that's the way of the world, but the brand new 3rd baseman on a hot streak against pitchers who don't have a book on him yet is a lot different from the same guy four or five years later.

The press can proclaim the hot rookie to be the team's savior, but the vets reserve the right to think that it's not quite that simple.

Alma likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We will now see how goof Barr is as an editor. If he doesn't redact all the worst stuff about Trump, Trump will probably fire him. But if he redacts too much, Mueller's team will start leaking again, maybe including the whole report and Mueller himself might call him out. Tricky proposition.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

50-50 chance we're in some kind of shooting war by the end of the week, as Fuckboy goes into full Wag The Dog mode.

The other option of course: a domestic terrorist attack he can blame on moooslims.

A bomb goes off in an American city killing thousands. Who did it?

Fucko knows. Believe him.

He knows who we have to bomb. "Some people."

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mueller Report to be released in a redacted version Thursday morning.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

/no pun intended
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.