1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

So a Trump appointee writes a letter that supports Trump ... shocked, just shocked i tell ya.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Usually.

But this was an almost two-year investigation involving 40 FBI agents, 2,800 subpoenas and 500 search warrants.

Show me ANY comparable investigation that yields "no evidence."

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Judicial Watch did not uncover the Clinton server.

The Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) first requested information about her email in December 2012. The Benghazi committee then requested emails to determine what she knew about the incident in July 2014. The NY Times then published an article in March 2015 revealing the existence of a private server for work.

Judicial Watch, which is a conservative group obsessed with Clinton, did not file any lawsuit or FOIA request about Clinton's server until after it was revealed. They did file an FOIA request about Huma Abedin in 2013, but that was dismissed.

May seem pedantic, but I can't stand Judicial Watch. They pretend to be non-partisan but their actions and Clinton obsession give them away.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I know. Trump should just declare himself president for life, declare martial law, abolish Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, reduce taxes to zero for the wealthy and rule by decree. The fools that voted for him would still support him.

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Look at it this way: “He’s a Russian plant” would have been a good way to explain his actions.

All we’re left with is, “He’s a moron.”

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I guess believing that some accountability would happen means I'm living in a:

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I honestly don't believe this will change much in the macropolitical sense. Hard for Trump to get much louder. Harder for people like Doc H. to get more angry and spiteful. Very hard for cable news to get much dumber. And very very unlikely to get the people who don't like Trump to change their minds. I mean, "he's not a traitor, therefore he's doing a helluva job" is quite the stretch.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We need to remember that all we've seen is Barr's take on the Mueller report, and that he was put in the job to assure Trump's soft landing in any way possible. Barr is doing everything that he can to protect Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.