1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You guys ought to take a break from this on the weekend, as I do.
    We are carbon-based beings and life's too short to obsess seven days a week over a complete jackass.
    Mo' Mueller and his cowboys are never not on the case, rest assured.
    There is much merrymaking and lovemaking to be had, rather than listen to Rachel recite court briefs.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is not the reply from Republicans that matters. It's the reply from everybody else. You think Republicans in Congress gave up on Nixon out of patriotic duty? No. They knew he was sure to take them down with him if he stuck around to the next election.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I get that. But I don’t see this bunch ever abandoning Trump. I sure wish they would. But I’m not getting my hopes up.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They won't. And the reason is that they know he'll win again or be close enough that the combo of gerrymandering and fraud will lift him over the top. They know Mike Pence is unelectable.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The USA is maybe the only country in the world where it is not illegal to:

-call for violence in an draft email without actually sending it to anybody

-dream about killing every person on earth without the superpowers to do this

-buy 15 guns, some of them powerful and 20 boxes of ammunition

-identify people who you wish dead in a spreadsheet

-study manifestos of serial killers

-claim to be a man of action

Dude was the typical mother's basement incel warrior. The only actual unlawful thing that he did as reported, was possess steroids/hgh which is almost never prosecuted.

This is the same type of liberal stupidity that caused Chicago to assign 20 detectives to the Smollett case.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The Republican Party as we know it today was built almost entirely by men who specifically made their careers out of trying to build a party that wouldn't abandon the next Nixon.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The USA is right for not criminalizing these thoughts/writings/research. Period. Full stop.

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Maniac shoots everybody: We can't take his guns, we should just have better mental health screening.

Maniac plans to shoot everybody and they intervene with this clearly unstable person: Thought crime! How dare you screen him!

cyclingwriter2 and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.