1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The key word in Weigel's sentence is "says." Until required FEC filings, could be spin. Even if not, not a big deal. All the announced candidates will not lack for money, and if Biden gets in (I hope not) he won't either. Online fundraising has changed the game. Say the average donation in that Sanders million is $50. That's 20,000 people. That's pretty easy to duplicate in a country with over 200 million registered voters.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In the meantime, Sherrod Brown . . .

on Bernie Sanders.

Maybe Bernie is the Candidate Emeritus.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  3. Michael_ Gee

That's a very smart way for Brown to approach Sanders. Treat him as a respected elder statesman, which by implication means "yesterday's news." Biden will probably get the same treatment if he runs, but it'll be a lot more obvious.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Charlie Daniels reacts to Bernie's announcement less deftly.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The candidate said, "My name is Bernie, and it might be a sin. But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret, cause I'm the best there's ever been."

Driftwood, Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Threatening a Presidential candidate gets you a not real friendly visit from the Secret Service, even if you're just a music has been from the '70s.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Bernie's lack of relationship with the black community, especially black women (the top constituency in the party), makes him dead in the water.

And it's not as if he's an unknown who can change how black people perceive him. They saw plenty of him last cycle and couldn't stand him.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Charlie Daniels isn't stoking any revolution, he's 83. He's lucky he can afford to pay someone to change his diaper.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bernie shine up your shoes
    And get your tie on straight
    But if you cause the Dems to lose
    It’s you they’re gonna haaate ...

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Kathy Griffin was investigated closely by the Secret Service for her severed head pic. I would hope that Charlie Fucking Daniels gets the same treatment. It is a shame that he has turned into another run of the mill idiot. I will never get stoned in the morning and drunk in the afternoon and enjoy it quite as much as I once did.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.