1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Not soon enough

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think for Trump that 'The Sopranos' is a better match. He reminds me of Tony's mom .... collecting injustices, holding grudges and he seems incapable of joy (I think that was Dr. Melfi's description). I actually feel a little sorry for Trump. I don't think he's ever been happy.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bullshit. He's ecstatic when neo-nazis are marching in Charlottesville, or immigrant kids are dying in cages.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

He takes great joy in being cruel to others. "That's how winners win!" Simply a horrible, rotten guy at every turn.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trump is actually a time-traveling cross between Don Fanucci and Joey Zasa.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hail Mary, full of grace ...

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Watch for the tell-tale oranges.

SoloFlyer likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There are so many great stories of Trump's idiocy, but the one that will stick in my mind the rest of my life is when he argued with a naval officer on the phone against the use of electromagnetic catapults and insisted they should go back to steam.

If I were writing a screenplay for a Trump biopic, it's what I'd start the movie with. I think it really gets to the heart of his idiocy in a couple minute scene.

Gary Busey would be my Trump.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So the Tony Soprano comparison works. I've been watching episodes during the HBO Sopranos marathon this week and there are many moments that you see a genuine smile on his face as he does something horrible.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Active Member

Tony's also capable of kindness and there are occasional moments of conflict within him. Trump has no such conflict. He's long gone full-Sith.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Tony Soprano had the balls to take matters into his own hands - killing Big Pussy, killing Tony B, choking out Christopher, beating the shit out of numerous people, starting with Mehaffey in the very first episode. Trump is a chicken shit coward who has to hire people to do these things while he Shit talks from behind the hired help.

Draft saved Draft deleted