1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Save your applause for Elliotte, who made an excellent suggestion: When we lock the old one, which served its purpose well, start a new one looking ahead to the Trump administration and all that. Yeah, we could just keep the old one going but, like with American politics, it is time for a new start.

We were nervous about the other one but with rare exception, it worked well. The minimal dustups ended quickly. IF it gets slightly out of hand and we shut this down for a day or so, please don't freak out and call us names. Just take a deep breath and come back in a day or so.

As always, the rules are a little more lax. Can't take it, don't post. You know what's over the top so don't do that. No outing yada yada yada.

Carry on

Gator, Deskgrunt50, Batman and 12 others like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is Don really going to do his Presidential exercise every morning?

What's his morning routine going to be? Running? Biking? Hooping it up?

[​IMG]

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jogging in Central Park - doesn't he want to keep his Trump Towers base and hit the White House a couple of times a week?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The future dream is a shopping scheme

TigerVols likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Get past the title, and this is an excellent job of describing what has happened through this campaign. He is unsparing of the role of journalism.

Farewell, America - BillMoyers.com

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    OscarMadison and YankeeFan like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump commuting into and out of Manhattan would paralyze much NYC traffic every Friday and Sunday evening/night. This will annoy people but also serve as a symbolic issue if/when his administration screws up. All administrations screw up, even the ones I've supported, so please don't take that as a partisan prediction.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

America died on Nov. 8, 2016, not with a bang or a whimper, but at its own hand via electoral suicide. We the people chose a man who has shredded our values, our morals, our compassion, our tolerance, our decency, our sense of common purpose, our very identity — all the things that, however tenuously, made a nation out of a country.

Stopped reading after the first paragraph.

Driftwood, Dick Whitman and YankeeFan like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hear he cheats at golf.

Would love to stay and chat but on the advice of many I'm off to Tuscaloosa to try and escape my cares for a day.

HanSenSE, YankeeFan and exmediahack like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I have long wearied of Moyers, but he didn't write that ...

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Is this the thread where we come together as one united message board?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Corrected. Thanks.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like he fucking cares.

heyabbott likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.