1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Obama Hands Out "Long Form" Birth Certificate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Re: Obama releases original birth certificate

Yeah, I fucked up and put it in Anything Goes instead of Sports & News.

My bad.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Re: Obama releases original birth certificate

As I've pointed out on here before, McCain would have been the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway, I can hear it now: "Why did it take so long? What was he HIDING? What did he have time to ALTER?"

3. YankeeFan

OK, I want to see what crazies are saying about this.

I'm going to go check out what people on FreeRepublic are saying about it.

Anyone want to guess what the top responses will be?

4. Dick Whitman

That they don't believe it because why would it have taken this long?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

God, if I were in the Obama camp, I'd love to see the Donald's momentum grow. Can you imagine how easy he'd be for any incumbent president (of either party) to rip to shreds? Maybe this is a bit of strategery along the lines of the Nixon W.H. vis-a-vis George McGovern.

6. YankeeFan

Looks like most folks have moved on to the, "it doesn't matter, because his father was born in Kenya, he's not a 'Natural Born Citizen.'"

Since the child of two illegal aliens, born on U.S. soil would be eligible, I'm having a hard time believing that Obama isn't eligible.

7. Dick Whitman

No more than Obama's confession in "Dreams From My Father" about using drugs when he was younger. Bush got a DUI in his early 30s. (As did Cheney, for what it's worth). He changed his ways. I'd be surprised if it cost him a single vote, nor should it have. Considering Ted Kennedy's record (not just Chappaquidick, but his own DUI in college or law school, can't remember which), it wasn't something that the left could really harp about.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He had a DUI and a license suspension. Certainly relevant. She was involved in a fatal car accident. Certainly newsworthy.

9. YankeeFan

Trump would likely get slaughtered, but he's showing Republican candidates what they need to do.

A Republican that avoids the "birther" crap, but hits the President hard on the issues and talks tough in terms of foreign policy will gain traction with both Republicans & independents.

10. Dick Whitman

Even recognizing that our citizenship and residency rights are a house of legal cards, that argument is pretty specious.

11. Yep...

And you can't reason with crazy.
    Shoot holes in one argument they'll find another.

12. YankeeFan

I'm actually not sure that they were relevant. Either way, I just thought it was humorous to joke about the relevance of a driving record when they actually were issues in a recent campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.