1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Obama Hands Out "Long Form" Birth Certificate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

MSNBC just reported that it was handed out this morning at the press "gaggle" and that the President will be speaking about it in 45 minutes.
  2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not a good move. Should never give the birther idiots the time of day or the free pub. Because nothing will suffice for them.
  3. YankeeFan

It will be interesting. Clearly they thought it was enough of a problem that they had to do it.

Though, I suspect that their will be new conspiracies developed within the next hour or two.

Also, for what it's worth, I meant to post this in "Sports & News".
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He's been the President of the United States for several years now. If he can't fake a document by now, what's he doing in the office?
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The idiots will just move their closed minds on to something else.
  6. YankeeFan

I'm hearing that it was found at the bottom of a pile of horse manure in Gary, Indiana.
  7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Trump is in New Hampshire, holding court.

I have a hard time with the press corps treating him like a serious candidate.

He just said, that OPEC countries, who rely on the American military, should pay tribute in the form of lower oil prices.

Now he's saying Obama should now release his academic records. *sigh*
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Obama releases original birth certificate

Seriously, what's the point? It's not going to end this. If the birthers don't think the COLB is authentic, why would they be satisfied with this?
  9. YankeeFan

I basically agree, but...

If you're going to give him press and include him in you polls, and then he says that he's considering running and is among the leaders in the polls, what else can you do?

The media created him. They can't now wonder why he's getting press.
  10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Re: Obama releases original birth certificate

Yeah, but where's a witness? Where's the placenta? Where's the circumcision records? Where's the kindergarten records? WHY DOESN'T HE JUST RESIGN HERPA DERPA DING DONG DIDDILY DOO?

Obama: Please don't legitimize Aunt Mabel and her chain e-mails from friends.
  11. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Not sure why the White House is lending any credence to the birther attack at this point. What's next, Obama disavows Rev. Wright again?

The Republicans don't seem to have a viable candidate right now. Trump? Bachman? Haley Barbour just announced he's not running. Romney signed a health care bill as governor of Massachusetts that requires people to buy insurance, the same as Obama's health care bill, so he can't attack Obama on one of the major points of his presidency.

I'm sure the Repubs will find someone -- Romney or Gingrich -- but as much as Obama's presidency seems mired in neutral, so it is for the Repubs to find a capable challenger. Hence, we get birther crap. Fantastic.
  12. YankeeFan

Obama can sometimes be short & snippy. (And I don't mean that as a major criticism, anyone can be.)

But when he has good news, or a winning issue, he's the funniest, most confident guy in the world.

He's giving the press shit for breaking into their broadcasts to carry this press conference when they wouldn't for more important ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.