1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is it possible for you to criticize that tweet as one person tweeting something you think is stupid as opposed to something representing all liberals?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I am sick and fucking tired of Republicans, Trump-acolytes, Conservative media opinion dispensers comparing Republican, Trump and Conservatve actions, policies and appointments with what Obama did or Clinton would do.
    You fucking won on a platform that you are better than they are or would be. #draintheswamp doesn't mean replacing old putrid, feces infested waters with newer putrid, feces infested water.

The immature childishness that this country has becomes is mortifying. On BOTH fucking ends. Snowflakes on the left of me and snowflakes on the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you. And it Pre-dates Trump.

Personally, I think that the left's reaction to Reagan, though tepid by today's standards, was hyperbolic. But Gingrich and right's reaction to Clinton, paybacks as politics, is what set this course.

BUT YF and Fox opinion-entertainers and those similarly situated, please, for the love of Jesus, Mary and Joseph come up with a better answer than, Obama did it too.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

An amazingly stupid tweet, and I hope he's getting raked over the coals for it.

HanSenSE and Ace like this.
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

YF is working Old Tony's old corners.

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes, and Obama was going to unite "purple" America. He wasn't a conventional politician, blah, blah. bah.

Look, my point in exposing the similarities between the things republicans and democrats do isn't simply to point out the hypocrisy, as @RickStain thinks it is.

It's to point out that liberals are liars.

It's to point out that liberals don't deserve to pretend that they hold the high moral ground.

If you are offended by Bannon's supposed anti-Semitism, but support Keith Ellison, you aren't just a hypocrite, you're a liar.

If you are offended by Donald Trump's "misogyny", but defend Bill Clinton's record of abusing women, you aren't just a hypocrite, you're a liar.

People want their policies supported/enacted, and they are willing to support less than perfect candidates for this reason.

So, Dems will support a rapist, as long as he supports abortion rights.

Yet, Republicans were supposed to not vote for Trump, if we wanted to retain our honor or something. LOL.

Democrats invented this game of personal destruction, of identity politics. Now, when they're losing, they suddenly pretend to hate the game.

BTExpress and QYFW like this.
  6. YankeeFan

Conventional wisdom 2016: "Fake News" cost Hillary Clinton the election!!

Conventional wisdom 2012: Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes in over 10 years!! (We know it's true, because Harry Reid says he has a "source" who knows it to be true.)

7. YankeeFan

Conventional wisdom 2016: The people who spread fake news are disgusting. They must be exposed, and banished from proper society. We must work together to ensure their stories are corrected before they can gain traction.

Meanwhile, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid prepares to retire, as an elder statesman, and respected member of the Democratic Party:

And yet, the clip above shows Reid, in an interview with CNN's Dana Bash, not only refusing to apologize for the claim but defending it — in a very weird way.

"Romney didn't win, did he?" Reid said in response to Bash's question of whether he regretted what he had said about Romney.

Harry Reid lied about Mitt Romney’s taxes. He’s still not sorry.

Now, in a new interview with WaPo's Ben Terris, Reid echoes those sentiments. Here's Reid's full response to Ben's question about the Romney attack:

People bring that up, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever done. Why? Because I knew what he had done was not be transparent and forthright about his taxes and to this day he hasn’t released his tax returns. … Did I want to do that? No. I had the information, I tried to get somebody else to do it. I tried to get somebody in the Obama 'reelect,' I tried to get one of the senators, I tried to get one of the outside groups, but nobody would do it. So I did it. And with that, like everything, I think in life, here’s something I learned from my father, if you’re going to do something, don’t do it half-assed, don’t play around. With the Mitt Romney stuff, I didn’t play around. ...

Harry Reid lied about Mitt Romney’s taxes. He’s still not sorry.

8. YankeeFan

So, how come this "fake news" stuff didn't gain traction after the 2012 election, and how come Harry Reid wasn't drummed out of polite society?

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Still holding out hope that a patriot does the right thing and releases Trump's recent tax returns that show him to be worth about $300 million or at least something substantially less than he claims. He can barely function nowadays knowing Clinton beat him by 2.6 million votes and that he has no mandate. He'd shit twice and die if his persona were undermined. Someone needs to do the right thing.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You'll have to forgive me if I don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

He has a long history of supporting, and in fact championing, government intervention in private industry to further his own enrichment under the guise of "the public good."

doctorquant likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

All liberals? Some liberals? Most liberals? The liberals on this board?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.