1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Clinton in NYC Hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bagelchick, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's traveling, but he's not exactly flying Southwest.

I'm glad he's OK. I hope he makes it another 20-30 years.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

These were exactly the thoughts I had.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Story says Clinton's bypass was five years ago.

Also, the link I posted above has been updated with quotes from his spokesman:

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

In a related story, the hospital has told all female nurses to take the night off -- especially the chubby ones.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

(see, that's how you make a political crack here :D)

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well good thing that hospital has a very strict policy against smoking, particularly cigars.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's a good hospital, but no joke, my dad was in Columbia Presbyterian for something pretty serious about 5 years ago and all of the faucets and drinking fountains were turned off because the health department had shut down their water supply -- there was an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease. You could only drink bottled water. My sister who is an MD always says that hospitals are the worst place in the world for a sick person.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Is it true you can't wear a blue dress when you go see him? (Seriously, I'm on opposite sides with his party but I do hope he gets well very soon. Democrat or Republican, heart problems are a bitch to deal with...)

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What's the over-under on the last time he and Hillary had sex?

I'd bet it's been at least a year.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think Slick Willy was one of the great politicians of our time.

He understood perfectly when to push and when to get along and how to frame a debate so anyone who was on the opposite side of him was crucified by public opinion.

He governed like a fiscally conservative moderate Republican -- but managed to be cast a liberal by his enemies while he was able to get his supporters and left wing to staunchly defend him even though many of his policies were far from left wing.

Ever since we've had a bunch of very bad imitations offered to us from both sides.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Together or separately?

12. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Who cares?

Draft saved Draft deleted