1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wonder if they’ll talk about this at the kiss-Trump’s-ring event in Palm Beach?

More Americans identify as Democrats than Republicans by a margin that hasn't been seen in a decade, according to a report released by Gallup on Wednesday.

An average of 49% of adults age 18 and older reported Democratic Party affiliation or said they are independent with Democratic leanings throughout the first quarter of 2021, the pollster reported. The survey was conducted by phone from January-March.

In comparison, 40% of adults identified as Republican or Republican-leaning. The 9% difference is the Democrats' largest advantage since the fourth quarter of 2012, according to the report.

The remaining 11% of respondents were political independents with no partisan leanings.

Democrats have typically held a 4 to 6 point advantage over Republicans. Shortly before the first quarter of the year, the gap in affiliation was virtually nonexistent before Democrats' advantage widened by 9%. ​

Gallup poll shows largest increase in Democratic Party affiliation in a decade

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Drew Bledsoe just canceled his vacation to Mobile.

wicked and X-Hack like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He didn't adopt a son, he adopted a wingman.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Is that all it would take for me not to be on laundry duty?

NOW you tell me ...

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I knew Roy Moore's name was going to come up in all that mess.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wow. He denies it and then admits it the next day. I hereby rescind my previous statement.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

No pressure.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If that poll is accurate, then Trumpists are getting almost all of the self-identified independent vote in a lot of places and nationally.

Draft saved Draft deleted