1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Lawyers might argue that the vaccines were pretty much like a National Public Radio pledge drive gift: They support the cause and would have given anyway, but they just needed that one last little push.

Well, except that their clients would rather pay the penalty instead of being equated with NPR listeners.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not vote switching that changes elections so much as it is people who didn't vote now showing up and people who voted for you last time not showing up or blanking your race. Cruz is uniquely unpopular, and party loyalty only goes so far.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

YONY ... Yangers of New York?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I hope you’re right

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Cruz only got 51 percent of the vote in 2018, well before his Cancun stunt. Not saying he'll lose next time, only that it is quite possible, especially if he runs for and loses the GOP presidential nomination. For some reason I don't understand, home state voters of both parties tend to resent that to an extreme degree.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Anybody who gets vaccinated, by whatever means, is doing his or her duty to society by being one fewer potential spreader. And there are enough people in the 70-and-older bracket who are refusing vaccines, I’m relatively certain, to cover line-jumpers. In the case of the Florida thing, that’s fools and their money, so it gets a big ol’ “whatever” from me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That’s bullshit from a bullshitter. The tennis player I dated in college was on scholarship but it only covered her tuition. I heard the same from members of both men’s and women’s teams.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If a tree falls on Greg Abbott in Austin, does anybody care?

tapintoamerica and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No one would cheer until they heard about it.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted