1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If a moderator tells me to stop, I will stop.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Which is why what has been going on in the last few years and what is proposed (which the NCAA and schools are currently taking their sweet time in figuring out after being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century) is probably the most fair system.

Give all the athletes the few thousand dollars difference between the original athletic scholarship and the real cost of attendance so they can do their laundry and enjoy a pizza with their friends on their one night off a week.
    Then allow athletes the right to their name and likeness and allow them to seek endorsements, autograph shows, etc. That would affect the rare few in footbawl and men’s hoops, with some women’s hoops players and some minor sports stars and nobody else, and not affect the minor sports.

Problem solved, especially since lately, even the NCAA and schools are admitting that their sanctity of amateurism spiel was multiple loads of bullshit.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I just think this guy has no idea how life works. Nobody had to twist the Seuss estate or Hasbro's arm to do what they did.

There's no such thing as social justice warriors. There's no pronoun law in New York.

Cancel culture is not real.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Than argue with him, or are you incapable of forming your own argument?

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Women's gymnastics, volleyball and women's basketball are non-revenue sports. Scholarships can't be split. Full rides, or nothing.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yesterday a former co-worker of mine posted a really stupid, stunningly ignorant screed about COVID.

So you know what I did? I unfriended her and moved on with my life.

I didn't argue with her. I didn't post links to the CDC. And I sure as shit didn't copy her post and paste it here so I could ask "Is COVID really no worse that the common cold? Why is she smarter than me?"

You don't have to argue with idiots and you don't have to spread their stupidity everywhere you go.

Just thought I would share this in case anyone here could benefit from it.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

like and share if you agree!

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ....

Here’s a statement from the ERCOT Board of Directors:

“The ERCOT Board of Directors met this evening and directed the Corporate Secretary to exercise the 60 days’ termination notice to ERCOT President and CEO Bill Magness pursuant to the employment agreement with ERCOT. During this transition period, Bill will continue to serve as President and CEO and work with state leaders and regulators on potential reforms to ERCOT. The ERCOT Board is expected to begin an immediate search for a new President and CEO, and will continue to discuss the transition plan at future meetings during this time period.”

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I don't think any single topic has brought out the derp more than COVID has. In the history of the web.

I used to engage the scroll wheel and zoom downward, now these 'friend' accounts go straight to the trash - like a stinking fish. There's only so much dumb a person can take.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is the way.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted