1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A few years ago, Kentucky had a defensive lineman who had been all-state as a seventh grader. I think they've changed the rules since.

I don't know if this was the case with Kentucky, but like Tennessee has a one-roof rule where if the grade was in the same building as the high school, then they could play. So you'd see kids who had been all-state for five years or whatever.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If a junior high kid can hang athletically with the varsity, I don’t have a problem with them playing. I have a problem with 19-20 year olds who were otherwise destined to start at the 10-minute oil change place running it back for an extra year. Among many other nightmares, has Kentucky figured out who is going to teach these extra students and where, since I’m sure they will all be diligent about class attendance?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is a pretty strange proposal from people hoping to regain the majority in 23 months.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

OK, the GQP has convinced me that Potato Head is better than no head at all.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

scoreboard

garrow likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but is what the progressives are asking Harris to do, bypass the Senate parlimentarian and put the $15/hr. minimum wage in the stimulus bill, similar to what Trump was asking Pence to do and set aside the Electoral College vote?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not only does Kentucky not have a one-roof rule, a kid(’s parents) can choose to play for a school that child would not eventually attend under the feeder system. No commitment until ninth grade.

When I was working in Kentucky, one of the local high schools had a sophomore girl point guard who had been starting in that position since seventh grade.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Cripes, was it even one of the good Dr. Seuss books? I mean, we had a Dr. Seuss sermon series in church a year or two ago and one of them was from "McElligott's Pool," which I'd never even heard of. I took a turn in that stretch and did "Yertle the Turtle," for the record.

10. HanSenSE

The Trump Crazy Train will be stopping at all suburban stations before heading downtown. All aboard, GQC and magaites.

11. HanSenSE

Cuomo appears to be doing about a 5/8ths Swaggart. The guy signing has the full Cruz beard going.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There’s no one more subservient and without self-esteem than mike pense. His boss tried to have him killed and he’s publicly fellating him.

Draft saved Draft deleted