1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only the best people ...

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If the presidential inauguration was changed to a wedding, then all the women voters could finally agree on something.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well, some of them are 16 years old.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This could be fun.

Shortly after the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, Amazon Web Services, which served as Parler's web host, knocked it offline, saying it did too little to stop the spread of violent messages. Soon after, Matze became locked in a dispute with Rebekah Mercer, the Republican mega-donor and Parler co-founder, over how the platform should address inflammatory content.

The tug-of-war between the two founders came as Parler's profile was on the rise, with a valuation approaching $1 billion and more than 12 million users, according to legal documents submitted by lawyers for Parler in a suit against Amazon.

Matze has said that he was pushed out after proposing content restrictions, including a clamp down on domestic terrorists and the baseless, pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. Parler officials dispute Matze's characterization of his ouster, calling his sequence of events "inaccurate and misleading."

Matze declined to comment. Mercer did not return multiple requests for comment. Parler did not respond to questions about Matze's firing.

While ugly battles over an outgoing executive's severance package aren't rare, legal experts say a CEO's losing all equity upon a sudden ouster is unusual.

"This is not typical. He probably has something to fight about," said lawyer Michael Stebbins with the Silicon Valley Law Group. "This could have been done under the imprimatur of legitimacy but they may have breached their fiduciary duty.”

Kristie Prinz, another Silicon Valley employment lawyer, agreed that Matze's being forced to forfeit his entire stake in Parler is something that deserves legal scrutiny.

"Usually these kind of things are dealt with in a severance negotiation in a way to eliminate future liability," Prinz said. "Does he have a leg to stand on? He probably does, yes. He likely has a good case to make.”​

Former Parler CEO Matze Stripped Of All Company Shares Upon Firing, Sources Say

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Think of how many lives could have been saved if we hadn’t.

You walk into this place like you’re Cronkite. You’re posting on a message board, dummy.

Drop the act. No one is waiting for your five words of gravity.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I don't follow, and I don't act. It was sarcasm. If you can't detect, someone from the Internet will be by to help you shortly.

I think Seuss is a bullshit thing to get worked up about. Cronkite? I come here to eat cashews. I'm not here to win a prize.

I'll post a few bad lyrics out of scheme/meter, maybe a few tweetposts to keep the townspeople happy.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted