1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oddly enough - I imagine the US air strikes in Syria are almost a prelude to a resumption of the Iranian nuke deal. The US says "Hey, we saw what you did there. You want to play, we'll play. You want to talk, we'll talk." The proportional response was a message that the US will meet aggression with aggression. Doing it to Iranian-tied locations in Syria rather than directly on Iran was a sign that the Biden Administration wants to be reasonable. I assume Iran understands this.

bigpern23 and Mngwa like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

Agree. I understand the frustration/anger of watching my daughter get trucked by someone you believe has an unfair advantage. I don't, however, believe this is a growing wave of behavior based solely on the desire to win medals and scholarships in girls sports by faking it. I think this is a complex thing, perhaps not statistically significant, that is probably not best handled by government decree.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Talk about worshiping false idols

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm almost thinking this was brought to us by the same folks who handed out those Russian Trump flags at CPAC a few years back. Pretty genius knowing the CPAC crowd would think it was cool and part of the show and share it on social media so they wouldn't leave any fingerprints.

SEE Below - it was an actual tribute to Trump. And displayed proudly in the exhibition hall for the duration.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    lakefront likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This guy either was one of the biggest frauds in Washington or is one of the biggest frauds in Washington. Not sure which. The Everyman shtick is a bit much.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ll say one thing about him. He and his 11 brothers and sisters shared one bathroom growing up in SW Ohio. That should get him some credit for something.

Whenever I was in the presence of Boehner, you could literally seeing the nicotine oozing out of his pores.

Woody Long likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It goes to the illogic of "those in transition cost Suzy a scholarship*". It's not like they're going to switch sexes back after high school days are done.

(*-this, combined with no stories about them in the paper, of course).

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted