1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

My house in north central ct was sold this fall for 180,000. We had refinanced and even before that always , always itemized. The interest on the loan and almost 5,000 annual property tax was great for me. (technically, the house was appraised at 200,000 but I sold it to my daughter for 180,000)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...and-finally-speaks-his-words-were-worth-wait/

Robin Givhan is what we remember of the not late, but formerly great Maureen Dowd, without being familiar.

“I’m going to ask you about this concept of implicit bias,” said the sad-suited Kennedy as he sat slumped in his chair.

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri, the strutting young politician who thrust his fist into the air in solidarity with the rioters who sought to stop the certification of the presidential election, conducted his first round of questioning leaning forward in his seat. He gave the C-SPAN audience a three-quarter frontal pose, as if he were trying to make sure his preferred side was thrust toward the camera. He twirled his pencil and let his honey-toned baritone ooze questions into the microphone

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, freshly returned from his calamitous jaunt to Cancún while his constituents were freezing to death, did not seem to have lost any of his hubris or gained any empathy. This man who, along with Hawley and Kennedy, voted to delegitimize the presidential election, proposed to measure Garland’s integrity. Would Garland rise to the ethical standard set by former attorney general William P. Barr, who once testified, with the nonchalance of someone saying they didn’t believe in the Easter Bunny, that he didn’t believe in systemic racism?

TigerVols likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Flounder grew up, but he's still fat, drunk and stupid. Where's @KentDorfman?

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Flown Star State

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now, if only the former chief and former Sergeant-at-Arms react exactly the same way to Hawley as Bret did to Vince ...

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's never going to know another private moment.

10. goalmouth

Just another in the infinite world of examples of why Rafael is an asshole

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the guilt he will feel later will serve the democrats well

12. goalmouth

Biden is an unassuming old white guy who rides the train and has a kid w/a drug problem. This is half the conservative base.

Draft saved Draft deleted