1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

why would you even give this as an answer

"I ate a whole plate of dog penis one time," he said. "I'm not doing that again."

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No, he moved on to presidents.

Webster and lakefront like this.
  3. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the guy who cackled was actually an Abbott supporter cackling over the mention of the deaths of the kids or just some dude who got distracted by that weird dance move Beto busted out as he was describing what an AR-15 was designed to do. That dip and point thing he did at about 40 seconds in -- made me think of Neil Diamond's moves in the sequined outfit at the end of the Jazz Singer when he sings "Comin' To America" -- it was a real head-scratcher and kind of made me laugh too, in a "what the f*** was that?" kind of way. Another possibility was that the guy was a gun fetishist laughing derisively at some imagined technical inaccuracy in Beto's description of how the weapon functions. Whatever it was, sometimes it's necessary to call assholes out using authentic language, so I'll give Beto his props. I'm not a big Beto guy -- he's sincere but he's always struck me as kind of a try-hard, a lightweight and a little weird (I still really, really hope he wins. He won't, of course, but one can wish).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I mean, he’s willing to show up and do the work, and not just in the safely blue counties either. I don’t expect him to win either but at the very least he’s clearing out the cobwebs for the next wave of Democrats to try and move in.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You know how sometimes you're in an argument, and a couple of hours after it's over you think of a real zinger? One you really wish you'd had the snap to use?

Beto's got to get a spot to drop one at every speech he gives.

wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

There's a reason that Marcy Taylor is one of my go-to's.

7. Neutral Corner

Interesting speculation. What if the raid was triggered because DoJ/FBI not only knew where the classified docs were, but what he was doing with them."

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Honest question: Can Beto win?

Because hope is a dangerous thing and the best of things.

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Della9250

Polls right now have him 6-8 points down, which is a lot better than the 10-12 it was just a couple months ago. Get it consistently around five and we can talk hope.

Of course we have no idea how charged up voting turnout will be based on recent developments -- Roe V Wade, the Uvalde shooting and whatever happens in the next two and a half months (grid goes down again, there's another school shooting with classes starting up in the next week or two)

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's the hope that kills you.

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or how fired up the other side is after 8/8.

12. Della9250

Draft saved Draft deleted