1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Cue people acting like I said otherwise.

Someone said he would have been a citizen EITHER WAY.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I started to say if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle but that’s less certain ground than when I was growing up.

3. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Well, say he was born in Kenya in 1962 when Ann and Barack Sr. were, say, visiting his family.

"For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for 10 years prior to the person’s birth, at least five of which were after the age of 14 for the person to acquire U.S. citizenship at birth. In these cases, either the U.S. citizen parent or their alien spouse must have a genetic or gestational connection to the child in order for the U.S. parent to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child." See Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Ann Dunham lived in Washington until 1960 and then Hawaii leading up to Barack II's birth.

He's still a citizen either way.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fatfuck said he sent a crack team of investigators to Hawaii and their report was going to be "absolutely unbelievable."

That was 10 years ago I think.

HanSenSE and lakefront like this.
  5. Woody Long

Libertarians, amirite?

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Was this tied into John McCain’s campaign? I thought there was some talk that he wasn’t eligible due to being born in the Panama Canal Zone?

wicked likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He wasn’t wrong, in the sense that any statement with the Trump label truly is “absolutely unbelievable.”

Fred siegle and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Christ, you are so tedious on here sometimes.

IF HE HAD BEEN BORN OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. (i.e. -- someone saying he would have been a citizen EITHER WAY. ... what I actually responded to). ... His mom would not have been residing in the U.S. for 5 years since the age of 14, given that she wasn't 19 yet when he was born.

9. Woody Long

No, you see, it's different when it's one of them.

10. Woody Long

Holy pot and kettle. I'm the tedious one?

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That was a manufactured controversy that had already been resolved decades before when (I think) Goldwater ran for president despite being born in Arizona before it became a state.

Draft saved Draft deleted