1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We’re 9 months into the Biden/Garland DOJ and to my knowledge the number of Trump Administration indictments is zero. DeJoy, Wray and Justice Breyer are all still employed.

When will the bluechecks realize none of their breathless predictions are going to come true?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is Trump smarter than Suckerberg?

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The "we need immigrants for work purposes" logic is always interesting to me from a progressive perspective because:

A. The reason American-born citizens don't want to work, the theory goes, is because they're not paid enough to do certain jobs.

B. Undocumented Immigrants who do "want to work" aren't paid very well to do the jobs American-born citizens won't do because the pay is low

C. The arrangement is basically saying "yeah, those jobs are beneath American-born citizens, so let's have immigrants do them."

How is said arrangement honoring either to the idea of a living wage or the immigrants who would do them?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1, They're just happy to be here doing grunt work.

2, Said grunt work means a head of lettuce costs $2.99 instead of $4.50.

Win-Win.

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

QOP will use AOC's botched tax the rich dress quite effectively in '22.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think that's an honest statement. I think it'd be roundly rejected politically though, which is why it's never said.

What's said now is, it's a moral imperative and that any concern or disagreement is xenophobia or racism.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Maybe. I think she operates in an internal feedback loop where what she did seemed like a cool thing to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted