1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Nice mom jeans. Hope she got a non-reclining seat on the left side of the plane. Flying Delta just adds to the irony.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

MTG: "Stewardess, excuse me, stewardess!"
    Flight Attendant: "We prefer to be called flight attendants."
    MTG: "And I prefer Donald J. Trump was still in the White House, but we all have our burdens to bear."
    FA: "What can I do for you ma'am?"
    MTG: "I think this guy next to me is antifa."
    FA: "And what makes you say that?"
    MTG: "He's wearin' an Oregon Ducks t-shirt."
    FA: "I don't think that is proof of anything. What will be your meal choice today, ma'am?"
    MTG: "What would you recommend to own da libs?"

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I've been raw and angry since the Texas law was enacted. I know the Supreme Court is going to turn over Roe v Wade and there is nothing that women anywhere can do about it.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When the Roe v Wade hobby horse is all said and done the evangelicals will come back for what they started with, the blacks. Black folk will fight back, though, and all of the sudden the evangelicals won't be in favor of everyone having Second Amendment rights.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Those 6-foot-5 twins from the Harvard rowing team should have beaten him senseless when they had the chance.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'm not sure every other problem in this country is connected to this one, but a lot of serious, or potentially serious, ones are, or could be.

The numbers, by themselves, shouldn't matter, but the fact is that, within any contained, defined space, they always do. It's like any space, whether of the environmental area or personal variety. Only so much, of whatever, can be supported well in terms of time, money, governmental systems, people and organizations' personal resources, etc. Even in terms of patience, tolerance and trust, etc., limits can be strained, sometimes too far. So the costs and ability otherwise to support a continuously large influx of additional residents, whether legal or illegal, may cause domino effects in many areas/ways.

When that happens and choices/decisions either have to be made, or just are made, even if only in the minds of uninformed, or judgmental, or angry, or maybe bigoted people, it is illegal immigrants who draw the short straw. Rightly or wrongly, that separation/division occurs under stretched, contentious circumstances like the ones that have gone on over the past couple of years.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

MileHigh and Tighthead like this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So education, health care, crime, jobs, all have something to do with immigration?.

Draft saved Draft deleted