1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President '08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sheos, Sep 12, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Ok, so he's from the South Side. But is he a Sox fan? If he's a Cubs fan, well ...

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He's a Sox fan, IIRC.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd like to see Brian Schweitzer, governor of Montana, on the ticket.

The fact that Lyman once said he'd vote for Schweitzer says it all about the man's appeal to those who aren't hardcore Democrats.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And for the record, editor of Harvard Law Review is a merit-based position, unlike Skull & Bones at Yale...

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I want a statesman, not a politician. I want somebody who isn't afraid to piss off the extremists from both sides and willing to tell his own party to STFU. I want somebody who'll elevate the level of discourse and not play to the lowest common denominator.

I want the impossible.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've heard Obama speak in person, and, believe me, he's captivating.

And what's wrong with the President of the United States being able to verbally articulate a clear chain of thought?

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Since the Beltway/media script dictates that the race is going to be between the "fake, inauthentic" Democrat -- no matter who he or she is -- versus the "genuine, straight-talking" Republican -- no matter who he is -- I'll take the phony every time.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Based on what I know of Obama, I'd vote for him. I like that he's worked with the other party in order to find consensuses (consensii?). We need someone who can help the nation heal, cliched as it sounds.

9. Obama is too liberal, although I think he's OK personally.

Realistically, I think Rudy Giuliani will be the next president. Personally, I think Mike Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas, might be a dark horse on the GOP side. Wouldn't mind seeing him make a splash.

And, SC, yes, I'd be able to live with Schweitzer as president, although his location won't do him any favors.

(BTW, Double J, if you think Bush is the reason the country needs "healing," you are more than sadly mistaken.)

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I didn't say that. But it certainly does need to be united again, wouldn't you agree?

11. Yes it does, if it ever was in the first place.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Rove split the country, pitting working people against each other, for political gain.

It worked.

Hardly admirable -- not to mention that it left everyone with the prevailing clown show.

Draft saved Draft deleted