1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presenting ... The Nutty Buddy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Jul 3, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Vaguely resembles Mark Littell. Watch the video.

2. Video is nuts, pun intended. Glad to see Chris Sabo on there as well. I'm surprised he didn't volunteer to take a shot without the cup ...

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah, because Sabo provided a lot of insight: "I had by cup shattered by Jack Clark in '88 on a one-hopper, and it didn't feel too good."

He should go back to corking bats.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not sure how everyone else let this one pass, but was your brother the one that tested it against the 100 mph baseball?

5. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Watched the video. Mark Littell is nuts. Chris Sabo is, uh, well, maybe he took too many balls to the head rather than his cup (test-uh-clees?), and the Nutty Buddy is ... hilarious and effective.

6. Like I said, suprised he didn't volunteer to take one without the cup.

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Just remember, kids: Even the Nutty Buddy can't protect your boys from an errant glob of Icy Hot meant for the thigh.

Oh, the burning.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Are those hard baseballs, Lacey?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm far from a lawyer, but isn't Nutty Buddy a copyrighted name? Is it OK to have two different products share the name name?

[​IMG]

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That makes 2 things I haven't heard mentioned in about 25 years ... Nutty Buddies ... and Mark Littell.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Anyone else find it a little creepy when Littell calls the high school girl Lacey a "sweet-looking' thing"?

12. Dedo

Dedo Member

Littell is one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet. Fantastic storyteller. Just as long as those stories don't involve Chris Chambliss.

Draft saved Draft deleted