1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presented Without Comment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So, has any other candidate been asked if they were a flake?

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The only thing worse than a moron like Bachmann is arguing over one.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i don't buy for a milli-second that boom was serious. if he was, '21' would kick his butt. think what you may of boom, but he's not about to piss off the one thing we can all agree he's gotten right.... 8)

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

No Baracka Flocka Flame, Dan? For shame.

6. sportbook

sportbook Member

The Nitally Lions -

57 states -

CORPSE-man -

breathalyzer -

the teleprompter -

But he's sooooo smart.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Elizabeth Dole DID run for president. But she quit the 2000 race in 1999 for inadequate funding. But at the time she was polling higher than McCain was.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was really holding on to the hope Bachman DID mean Gacy. That would be badass and a way to separate herself from the pack.

But no, her campaign just had to back off of it and claim she meant the cowboy. Wusses.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She'd have lost the clownophobe vote if she hadn't regrouped, tho

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't pay much attention to this stuff usually, so I have only seen her speak a few times and her shtick has always rubbed me wrong. I honestly could never tell if she was of mediocre intelligence or if she is pretty smart and playing masterfully to a massive audience swayed by her brand of populism.

But now I think she is smarter than I perhaps thought and her act is calculated.

First, she absolutely ate Chris Wallace's lunch yesterday, and he generally can be glib and talk his way through anything with an interview subject. She handled his question as well as anyone could have:

And from what I a reading about the team she has put together, how she handled appearances in Iowa today, and how she is being handled so she doesn't put her foot in her mouth talking off the cuff, I get the feeling she realizes she needs to listen and follow their advice. And with the way she has been raising money, if she can stick to a script, she might have a chance for the nomination.

I still can't stand her or what she stands for, but I was really impressed by how she didn't blink when Chris Wallace screwed up by asking the "flake" question that way.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

True, but unless it came from almost any other candidate than Romney's mouth, would there be a microphone there to pick it up?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Michelle Bachmann is crazy hot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.