1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presented Without Comment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Boom was trying to get a conversation/debate going. Starman never resists a chance to use a misogynistic term.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mittens is starting to gain the air of inevitability. And it's still seven months to the Iowa caucus.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

So you're cool with Boom's misogyny but not Starman's (which, I agree is completely ridiculous). That's good to know.

4. Mizzougrad96

No. I think Boom was stating a point to try to spur the debate. I don't think Starman was doing the same thing when he started the name-calling. Boom doesn't have a history of using punctuation to allow him to post the one word that we can't post on this site.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think a male candidate who appeared to name-check John Wayne Gacy would be ridiculed as well.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

To be fair, though: there's a whole hell of a lot to mock there. Bachmann and Palin are a mockery goldmine. Hillary less so, and she didn't get it as bad.

Think Elizabeth Dole, Olympia Snowe or Kay Bailey Hutchison get mocked if they run? I don't.

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm sure Starman could think of some choice names for those three. :D

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Bashing women is bashing women. Using idiots like Bachmann and Palin as evidence that women can't be president is not the case of someone trying to start a legitimate discussion. But you like Boom, so you're fine giving it a pass.

9. Mizzougrad96

The NYDN, not the Post mind you has this Bachmann poll on its website.

Do you want Michele Bachmann to be president?

"Yes, this is the change America needs."

"No. What a joke."

"Not sure."

I doubt they did something like that for any other candidate.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I seriously don't think Boom actually meant it. If he did, I would be pissed. He posts outlandish stuff like that all the time to get a rise out of people. I'm pretty sure that's all that was...

11. Mizzougrad96

Right. Yes, I like Boom, but I read his post and laughed because I knew (or felt I knew) exactly what he was doing to get the debate going.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Normally I would have read it like that since Boom does usually post tongue in cheek, but he's made some variation of that post on multiple occasions and I think he does actually somewhat believe it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.