1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preseason Heisman pick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Aug 16, 2012.

?

Preseason Heisman pick

1. Matt Barkley

24 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Montee Ball

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Denard Robinson

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Landry Jones

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Geno Smith

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Aaron Murray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Marcus Lattimore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. AJ McCarron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sammy Watkins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. DeAnthony Thomas

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  11. Tyler Wilson

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  12. EJ Manuel

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  13. Eddie Lacy

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  14. Tajh Boyd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Matt Barkley is the most talented quarterback to play for Pete Carroll at USC.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is Barkley more of a favorite than Luck was last season?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Barkley win the Heisman and a National Championship.

I would also love to see USC get stripped of a National Championship because Lane Kiffin is a visor-wearing twat-waffle.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Barkley seems like a great guy and I'm picking him since I think USC will be right there in the hunt and he's had a great career.

Funny how the dynamics of this work out since if Luck had been a junior when he took Stanford to the Orange Bowl and had a great year, he probably would have won. Last year, Luck had a very good year, but compared to 2010, it was not that special so he lost.

As much as I thought Kiffin got the shaft from Al Davis, its looking more and more that Kiffin is a lying, scheming, opportunistic fraud.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Barkley story in SI mentioned that he thanked Jesus in an interview after the Ohio State game his freshman year. It's funny. I remembered that vividly, and for the last three years I'd been thinking that he did that all the time. Apparently, he stopped right after that because he caught some shit for it. Obviously, that made me - and I'm sure many readers - think of you-know-who and the contrast.

7. turski7

turski7 Member

Barkley wins and wins big. Oregon will be a test, but Barkley and Co. will handle it.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's Barkley's to lose.

Which means that, much like Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, he probably won't win it.

Geno Smith's "candidacy" will be interesting to watch. WVU is located in one Heisman voting sector but will play the bulk of its road games in a different sector. That could help him build a pretty big vote base if WVU finds a way to beat Oklahoma.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Y'all going to be stunned when McNeese State corner Tyrann Mathieu has this one in the bag by week 10.

10. turski7

turski7 Member

My five finalists:
    1. Barkley
    2. Ball
    3. Denard
    4. Lattimore
    5. Black Mamba

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Not really original, but gotta go with Barkley baring injury, of course.

I still think Luck got jobbed last year the same way Peyton Manning got jobbed in 1997. Sort of the "Oh, everyone is voting for him, so I'll be a little different and vote for someone else" type mentality.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oy.

Draft saved Draft deleted