1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preps writer, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by The Duke, Aug 9, 2006.

1. The Duke

The Duke Member

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch seeks an aggressive, adaptable, fearless reporter with a hunger for breaking news to cover prep sports. Candidates must have at least two years of daily newspaper reporting experience, including covering games as well as writing feature and enterprise pieces. The ability to write strong news stories on deadline and easily navigate our coverage area is a must.
    Candidates must have the ability to go beyond the normal beat routine to sniff out news and enterprise opportunities. Applicants also must possess strong writing, reporting and organizational skills.

To apply, please submit an overview of your experience, 10 clips that show your range of skills and a short essay describing how you would approach the beat to: Cynthia Todd, newsroom recruitment director; St. Louis Post-Dispatch; 900 N. Tucker Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63101.

The application deadline is Aug. 21.

2. Scroll a little further down the page, please, before you post.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Translation: D_B

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

taking care of HF.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

damn rookie

6. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

Anyone know of any movement here?

7. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

You're hired!

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I received a postcard about a week ago saying that my materials had been received and were being reviewed and I should hear from them in the next three weeks.

Have to respect them acknowledging they received my stuff. The envelope the postcard came in was even addressed by hand.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you mean the lazy bastards couldn't take time to use the label maker? losers. maybe they can't afford to buy one.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I actually preferred that it was addressed by hand. Made it seem more personal and gave me a glimmer of hope that I might actually be considered. The simple things in life, I guess.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

naw, they just couldn't afford the program to make a label on the one company printer.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I've received the postcard before too ... I'm not working at the PD now, nor have I ever worked there.

Draft saved Draft deleted