1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preps Reporter, Oshkosh, WI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TheNorthwesterner, May 12, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I think it's only four full-timers, but normally only two writers, and one of them left. But don't let that stop you from applying, cause I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

2. ajw1978

ajw1978 New Member

It's a good town. UW-Oshkosh (NCAA DIII, WIAC) is one of the better all-around programs in the country, and the WIAC is regarded as the best DIII leauge in the nation. Women's and Men's basketball is an annual top-25 fixtute and usually three or four teams in either M/W are in the top 5 (hoops). Football is on the rise, and two or three schools UWO plays are often in the top 10. Oshkosh West HS boys and girls hoops has made it to the state finals regularly recently, and the FVA (HS league) is close behind the Milwaukee area in terms of talent.

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Both openings were filled. The preps gig was staffed internally and the SE spot was filled externally.

Draft saved Draft deleted