1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preps Opening, St. Louis P-D

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Riddick, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Superman

Superman Guest

Our stock is really tanking and we need you to work for cheap.
    </Lee Enterprises>

2. BH33

BH33 Member

I would agree. It seems almost a waste of time to apply if you're not a regular stringer for the P-D. If the P-D is anything like the News and Post in Denver, they've got at least a handful of stringers that write for them several times a week and are almost staff writers with as much as they're in the paper. I couldn't imagine the News or Post hiring someone for a preps job that doesn't already write for them.

For a job like this, if you hire someone that's never written for you, not only do you get someone that has to learn a lot before they get comfortable, but you piss off the guys/girls that have busted their butt for you for the past few years as a stringer. I'd be shocked if they hire someone they don't already know.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Well then blondebomber ... YOU'RE hired!

4. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Proving that whether it says Lee or Pulitzer on the paycheck, you will still be panhandling on the weekends to make the rent.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yes, but you always have the Lee prayer cards.

Draft saved Draft deleted