1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preps/GA writer, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jeff Gluck, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Hey, I think we're still looking for a local colleges writer here. You'd cover D-II, D-III and JC sports at our area schools and then help out on the Cal League beat (minor league Class A) in the summer.

As a bonus, your desk would be at the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, where you would work at the desk next to mine. What could be better? ;D

Anyway, send your clips and resumes to sports editor Louis Brewster at P.O. Box 4000, Ontario, CA, 91761 or e-mail your stuff to l_brewster@dailybulletin.com (the underscore is key).

This position is one of the last open jobs here coming off a recent period with frequent turnover. Basically, for those who don't know, Ontario is about 40 minutes from L.A. in the Inland Empire. It's part of the L.A. Newspaper Group, which has a bunch of papers including the L.A. Daily News. The area is booming...I think there's like 3.5 million people in the Inland Empire now.

If you need to know more, I expect that our former writers/editors will give you a Chamber-of-Commerce-quality report on the area. I like it, for what it's worth.

Oh, and get your stuff in quickly if you can. Colleges are about to start up.

UPDATE: The job opening is now for a preps/GA writer, I believe

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Re: Local colleges writer, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

If anyone has specific questions, feel free to PM me.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Jeff, aren't you guys working at the San Bernardino office?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

But what if I don't wanna work at the desk next to you? Can I request a transfer? :-*

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The deskers are based in San Berdoo, yes, but most of the coverage area for this position would be from Ontario westward.

Thus, a desk next to Jeff. ;D

(And the new SB office -- not the old rat-infested one from downtown! -- is a helluva building. You'd have a workstation there, too. And you'd love it. Yes, I'm biased. But it really is a beautiful facility.)

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

You say that like it is a negative thing ;)

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i always thought harrison ford sucked ass

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Sending stuff ASAP. I'm from the right coast but would love to be in that area.
    Great areas to snowboard within an hour drive.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Also had a bat fly through the newsroom on the last night of the old building.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ha! Completely forgot about the bat! I was thinking of the rat that ran over my foot when I had sandals on.

(Hmm ... wonder if this is helping anyone get interested in the job ... ;D)

11. joe

joe Active Member

That was the OLD building, you know, next to the bus stop where that dude got gunned down last year.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They flew through there before the last night there.

Draft saved Draft deleted