1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep Writer, Salt Lake Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Jared Poertner

Jared Poertner New Member

I received an email from Anastasi that I didn't make the cut...recent grad though, had to try!

2. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

Received no notice at all, but maybe it's a blessing, since I might be getting a job close to home.

3. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Interesting. What does that mean for those who received nothing at all? They missed the cut badly? They're in the "maybe" pile?

4. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Don't worry about it, in this market, it's a big pile.

5. Pluggin Away

Pluggin Away New Member

Now I don't know exactly what to think. Either I'm in some sort of "maybe pile", or I'm in a position deserving of <a href="http://www.failhorn.com">this</a>. One way or the other, I wish I knew for sure.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I know the Tribune doesn't like to hire locals for sports jobs, at least as much as the Deseret News does.

7. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Has anyone else not received a letter? Very strange that some would and some wouldn't, regardless of whether they made the cut.

8. Pluggin Away

Pluggin Away New Member

I haven't either. It would be nice to know either way.

9. eclapt44

eclapt44 Member

I heard the standard, "you didn't make the first cut" e-mail. They said there were more than 150 applicants.

10. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

You "heard" it as in you received one?

I'm going to stop worrying about it. My head hurts.

11. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

Yeah, I thought it was a little odd that I didn't at least get the standard mass rejection e-mail. Oh well, I just got a new job anyway.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just guessing ... if you made the cut, you would have heard something. Like any other job.

Draft saved Draft deleted