1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep Writer-Opelika-Auburn News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by DanaSulonen, Mar 3, 2016.

1. DanaSulonen

DanaSulonen New Member

The Opelika-Auburn News, an award-winning daily newspaper in eastern Alabama, has an immediate opening for a reporter to cover prep sports. The Opelika-Auburn News was one of just nine newspapers to win Grand Slam honors in 2014 and won a Triple Crown in 2015 from the Associated Press Sports Editors. The Opelika-Auburn News covers more than 20 high schools, including some of the largest and most successful athletic programs in the state. Must have initiative, energy, a good work ethic and excellent interviewing skills. Also, must be able to tell a story and go beyond the box score. Must be able to report through our digital platforms, to include videos, blogs, Twitter and Facebook. This person must be willing to work a flexible schedule. 1-2 years experience. Four-year degree in journalism preferred; excellent benefits. Drug and background screen required. EOE/M/F/D/V.
    To apply, send resume, cover letter, 3-5 writing examples and digital examples (if available) to dsulonen@oanow.com.

Suggswriter likes this.
  2. DanaSulonen

DanaSulonen New Member

Thanks to all who have applied. I'm getting down to the final stages of the process so I'm no longer accepting resumes/applications. I appreciate all who have applied.

Draft saved Draft deleted