1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep writer, Bakersfield Californian

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by HoosierLoser, Oct 5, 2007.

1. bp6316

bp6316 Member

Executive editor is Mike Jenner, fantastic guy.
    Sports editor is Tony Lacava, best guy you'll ever know. Seriously the nicest guy you will ever meet anywhere.

2. HoosierLoser

HoosierLoser Member

Position is officially open. Here's a link:http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=837179

Let the games begin.

Also, don't JUST send your resume. If you want a shot at a job, don't make us work. Send your best clips. That's my public service announcement for not just here at The Bakersfield Californian but at most major newspapers in America.

3. JD Canon

JD Canon Guest

i'm very familiar with this area, but i have no clue what the salary's like for this one. anybody know? and the college one, too? just curious.

4. DanRPI34

DanRPI34 New Member

Any news on this one?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes. believe it or not, they asked if you'd unsend your resume. shocking, i know.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

7. Rhouston

Rhouston Member

DanRPI, it is my pleasure to say:

You're hired!

Please plan to move to California. Book that moving company. Sign a lease for that apartment. Show up for work at say ... 4ish next Monday.

8. HoosierLoser

HoosierLoser Member

Just a little heads up. We're in the process of reviewing applicants. We'll narrow our search down to a few applicants and begin to make phone calls in the coming days.

FYI. Only one of two vacancies will be filled at this point. We hope to have the second position filled sometime next year.

That's all for now.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it's DanRPI34, isn't it?

10. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

you didn't have to spill the beans there, tom. all you're doing is crushing dreams.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's exactly why i show up here day after day.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

My sources tell me the job has been filled and the new guy starts this week

Draft saved Draft deleted