1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep writer at Seattle Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Shaggy, May 16, 2007.

1. gospringboks

gospringboks Member

I've heard they won't be pulling a trigger on this until late summer -- it is a prep job, after all.

2. Word is the SE is on leave until July 24. No word on if they'll bring people in before that, or narrow it down in some way before she gets back.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

4. Hoopsfan23

Hoopsfan23 New Member

anybody know about the pay?

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Best view in Seattle is Gas Works park

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'll agree with this.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Any reason the ST has this and now an online sports spot open? Have people been leaving the section?

8. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I'm guessing the person who's leaving waited until the end of the prep season. I'd imagine the online spot is unrelated.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

W
    Are you white? Fuck that too, obviously.

Perhaps discrimination is in order here since the only job posting has been on a minority board? Wait. I'm .09 Indian, which is some states, gives me Indian privileges.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The online spot has been open for awhile. I don't think the two are related. The only reason people would be leaving the section is if there were layoffs because of the $47 million payoff to the PI.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what online job 'gola?

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

There is/was an online sports producer job opening. My sister-in-law sent me the ad. I'll see if I can find the link.

Draft saved Draft deleted