1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep team down 18-6 with 5 seconds left wins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 9, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

YOU ONLY COVER US WHEN WE BLOW A TWO-TOUCHDOWN LEAD IN THE FINAL SIX SECONDS!

And nothing beats this for HS comebacks:

2. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I figured someone would eventually post the Plano East-J.T. game. Thanks BYH.

A few years back Fox Sports did an hour-long documentary style thing on it ( I think it was for the 10-year anniversary). Interviewed some of the players and coaches.
    I remember the J.T. coach's interview he was talking about his frustration with his team not being able to recover the onside kicks. Then at the end when JT loses the lead, he talked about how everyone, including him, was completely down, but (I think it was) the kid who returns the kick, looks at him after Plano scores and says "Don't worry coach, we got this." Coach was just like. "Uh huh."

It was a decent show. Not great, but decent. Good watch.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's one of my all-time favorite clips. I saw it on SportsCenter and for months my friends and I riffed on it.

"NO! NO! NO! I THINK I'M GONNA BE SICK!" It still cracks me up to this day.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

"We're gonna celebrate and break out the Oreos, baby!"

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Played in a hoops game where we were up 2 with 4 seconds left, shooting FTs and lost by 4.

Guy on our team misses both ends, they get the board and call TO. For some reason, the ref allows them to inbound from half court. They throw the inbounds up for grab, their center catches it and lays it in with 2 seconds left to tie it.

We call a TO. I ask the ref if we can inbounds from half court and he said that we have to have the ball in the court to do so.

I pass it to a teammate a foot off of the baseline who immediately calls timeout. The ref says that he was wrong and that we can't advance the ball. One of our guys goes nuts at the ref and gets a T. They make both shots and get the ball. We foul on the inbounds and they make both shots.

We lose by 4. My protest of the game is denied.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Just one question: Will the coach get canned?

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Tim Donaghy reffed YMCA games.

Draft saved Draft deleted