1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep stats ... when do you start running them?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hey Diaz!, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Some places have been able to farm out that job to someone else. Pay them a flat fee per week.

It does eat up a lot of hours. Even with computer programs, someone still has to enter the data.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This high school sports network program we have is pretty good. The games are taken into an online template. Then there's a place where the writer can, at any time, create the area leaders, completely formatted, with one button.

3. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

That's brilliant

4. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

We have a website like that too... though I'm pretty sure it will take multiple clicks for a properly formatted chart.

Unfortunately, very few coaches use the site -- and not many have been reporting their results through other methods either. As a result (pun unintended) of that mess plus the aforementioned staff cuts, we've all but stopped running weekly stats.

I can't say I miss the parent complaints about them!

Draft saved Draft deleted