1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep Sports Reporter -- Suburban Journals in St. Louis,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Jan 4, 2011.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Suburban Journals is seeking an entry-level sports reporter who will focus on high school coverage for the St. Louis area’s leading website, STLhighschoolsports.com, and for all of its related print publications. We want to hire a go-getter who can learn the area quickly, manage a beat independently and build an audience through nuts-and-bolts sports journalism and creative enterprise reporting. Some layout and design work will be part of the job, although previous experience in this area is not required. Multimedia skills are essential in this position. The successful applicant will produce high school copy primarily for STLhighschoolsports.com, the preps home for STLtoday.com and for other publications.

Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in journalism or English, or equivalent professional experience, and some experience managing a beat. Interested applicants should apply online at:

http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com/leecareers/index.html

Interested applicants should send non-returnable clips to

The St. Louis Sports Agency
    14522 S. Outer 40 Rd.
    3rd Floor
    Town & Country, MO 63017
    Attn: Cameron Hollway, Editorial Director

Or email to chollway@stltoday.com

Application deadline is January 15, 2011.

EOE
    Drug Free Workplace

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1223294

Just one question: This is with the Post-Dispatch, right?

2. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

It is the same company (Lee Enterprises), and I believe one thing Cameron will be doing in his new role with Lee's St. Louis Sports Agency is coordinating coverage across all platforms (Post-Dispatch, Suburban Journals, and the web site).

There is a difference, however. The Post-Dispatch is a union shop. The Journals, which Pulitzer bought about 10 years ago, are not unionized. The stlhighschoolsports.com website draws the two entities into new areas in terms of having P-D and Journal content in the same location.

As a former Journal guy, I might be able to answer some questions via PM.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

That tells me who got the job I put in for in St. Louis. Hope Cameron is very successful in his new gig. StL is a wonderful city.

Draft saved Draft deleted