1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep Sports Coordinator, Bend, OR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ForSaleByOwner, Jul 12, 2007.

1. I think the fact that the paper is family-owned and has a profit-sharing plan in place is a good start. The sports staff is 10 people for a paper that is 30K circulation. Where else can you find that? The paper seems committed to getting better and, again, where else can you find that? Is it the Oregonian? Of course not. But it is a good paper for its size and seems like a heck of a place to work.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'll ask again, since everyone knows so much about the paper:

Does anyone know what the pay scale might be?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I agree with all you say, I was just pointing out that this paper used to get ripped, so maybe they are making changes in the right direction.
    And a 10-person staff is enormous for a 30k circulation and that is pretty cool.
    As far as pay, I have no idea, but it better be pretty good if you want to own a home in Bend.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've never ripped the BB ... and i've actually had the opportunity to read it on several occasions. i think anyone who'd shit on the BB probably is full of shit.

and pay? just like any other job, it depends on your experience.

5. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Anybody hear any movement on this one?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i heard a hire was made last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted