1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep RB ruled ineligble after comments to reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Big_Space, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dumbassery runs in that family, it seems.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

he hate me did pretty well for himself. how many other XFLers played in the NFL? how many XFLers can the average fan name? i'd say the number is close to zero.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Does that make him intelligent?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we're all assuming the intern and/or the editors just obliviously let the quotes go by -- maybe they realized very well what the ramifications might be, and said, "fuck it, he said it, if he's stupid enough to say it, it's not my job to clean up after him."

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

as an aside, my thinking is that it's a dead heat between "dumbassery" and "douchenozzle" for the best words on this board. Carry on ...

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

As an aside, the state championship game in question was absolutely fabulous, St. Thomas Aquinas rallying from being down 21-0 and 35-14 to force overtime (double, eventually), and then, down a field goal in the second one, going for the winning TD on fourth-and-goal from the 1 and coming up an inch short.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Rainey played in that game.

How can the FHSAA ever suspend a player again, with this atrocity on their books?

Disgusting that he was allowed to play.

Sonny Hester (florida high school athletics discipline poobah) must have taken about 5 grand from his moonshine-sipping buddies up in central florida.

I guarantee you.... guarantee you.... that George Smith would have held that kid out.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Polk County School Board cleared Rainey to play. The FHSAA is still looking into it.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

They had the audio... that should have been enough probable cause to sit him down.

Then finish the, cough cough, investigation. That way if all the wins on Lakeland's docket are overturned, the state championship isn't vacated.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I have a feeling they're going to "find" that it was just talk, and nothing will happen. Just my thought.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm sure no one was allowed in his closet the day this story broke.

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Try this one. This guy played and played well in Florida's 6A championship game, but it seems that his case was a little fuzzy.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/orl-hsplayer0806dec08,0,3420811.story?track=rss

Draft saved Draft deleted