1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep opening: Opelika-Auburn News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mike Szvetitz, Jan 12, 2009.

1. times38

times38 Member

Also always prepared to make any thread about himself.

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ/Muscatel ... I retract everything I said. Kid is the Second Coming. Want me to punt my SportsJournalists.com membership, too?

RB

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Somebody's gotta replace Sonner.

4. Putt4dough

Putt4dough New Member

Damn...after hearing that from Slappy. I'd hire him. That right there is as rare as Haley's Comet. David will love the Opelika fans let me tell ya - that's a rowdy bunch of something.

5. proudpapa

proudpapa New Member

OK, I must admit I am a blogging virgin. Hard to believe these days, huh? I just had to throw something against the wall. I Googled "Auburn David Morrison" and this thread appeared. You see, I have known David since 9 months before he was born. As a young child, his life's ambition was to be a sports writer for a newspaper (not magazine, not internet) in a large city. Well, Opelika may not be large, but this opportunity is HUGE to David. I have not seen him so excited about something in his life (except when the Marlins won the World Series, twice). Anyway, just thought I would chime in to offer my congratulations to David and thanks to you all for welcoming him as a newbie to the sports journalism fraternity.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Pop, make sure you have some bail money. This frat is known for its hijinks.
    Seriously, he should be fine. He landed in a good spot.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So YOU'RE the one we get to blame for his, ummmmm, calm, even personna...

8. proudpapa

proudpapa New Member

Calm? Just ask him about the Magic's choice of JJ Reddick in the first round a couple of years ago then stand back.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dunno... the fits he's thrown when the copy desk would change his football stories were worth the price of admission... And that was something he cared about...

J.J. Redick? Does he know Gene Banks too?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dear dad,
    Your son sent out the wrong score in an email tonight. When he realized it, he led the correction email with "crap..."
    When I called him a rookie, his response was that if I didn;t leave him alone, you'd get me...
    So when you get me, you're buying lunch.
    Slappy.

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

We'll put our heads together and get back to ya, RB.

Draft saved Draft deleted