1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep Football: Single-Game INT returns for TDs?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Central-KY-Kid, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

We had a mismatch game Friday night with local high (loser of 27 straight) playing the south team (defending division state champion, winner of 19 straight).

The South boys returned three INTs for TDs.

Anybody know of a team which has done that or more?

The KY state HS association lists interceptions in a game, but nothing on returns for TDs.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

No idea, but I'd be shocked if a team hasn't taken at least five to the house somewhere.

Three is a lot, but it doesn't strike me as record-setting. I, of course, could be wrong.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't know about Kentucky specifically, but there are some ridiculous high scool records, especially the small schools. I know in many states people who follow prep sports religiously will keep records, write books, etc. I'm sure Kentucky has to have something or somebody like that.

4. bueller

bueller Member

In Alabama, Antonio Langham returned three for touchdowns one night. It was in a state championship game that his team won 75-0.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What is it with your state and all-time records, Kid?

6. bueller

bueller Member

I used to work near the team that was on the receiving end of that woodshedding. They were still mad a decade later. Some neutral observers said they deserved it for some in-game personal fouls.

I checked the microfilm on that game when I heard about it. Langham's team went for 2 after every touchdown. The team's coach said "our kicker was hurt."

7. Central-KY-Kid

What do you mean?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Think we've had couple three thread here about high school records this season and they were all started for Kentuckians...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It hasn't gotten any better, sort of...
    Swap out football for girls basketball and the school still runs up the score.

10. Central-KY-Kid

This is the only football related one I've started this season I believe.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Four touchdowns in one game:

[​IMG]

Alphonse Hercules Bundy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Awesome!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted