1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Premature ejocularity!!!! (St. Marys-Gonzaga)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 16, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is one of the most amusing things I've seen in some time.

St. Mary's just beat Gonzaga to snap the Zags' two-year conference winning streak. Fans go apeshit and storm the court...except there's a second left.

So the crowd is going nuts on the floor and the officials just won't run off the final second. Finally, everyone is steered off the court, those poor Gonzaga bastards are brought back out to shoot two technical free throws and inbounds the ball to offically cap the 80-75 loss.

THEN THE FANS COME BACK AGAIN!!!! Now that's spontaneous!!! And anticlimatic, as the announcer said.

I wish St. Marys was winning by one, and lost because their fans are dumb fucks who storm the court for a game in fucking January. Maybe that's what we need to stop this silly shit. Save it for March, silly asses.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At least there weren't 8 seconds left.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Took two posts for one of you fuckers to crack on me. You're slipping. :D :D

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow, the Zags are reeling this year. I know they had a really, really, really hard schedule, but isnt' that their 7th loss tonight?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not only a really, but a really, really, really ...

"I want you guys to stop saying really!" [/Marge Simpson]

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The refs could go to the public address mike and say, "OK, that's a technical foul. Two shots and the ball. And if the court isn't cleared in 10 seconds, it'll be another one. And another one five seconds after that, etc etc."

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Let you off the mat for my last post...

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

But they still beat U-Dub by 20, that's gotta count for something.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not quite. Just looked it up, the Zags lost four straight, then had won three straight coming into tonight's game. They're now 12-7 in the season. But yeah, it's been a tough season.

Hard to believe this is the same team that won at both North Carolina and Texas, huh?

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Fucking cost me money. Noticed the surprisingly low spread (was like Zags -3 or 4) and wondered what was up. Looking into St. Mary's ... and they are .500. Good at home, but ... so fucking what?

Zags were behind for most of the half but went nuts late in the half and took like a five point lead. Went to sleep, figured it was a lock.

Surprised the Zags are struggling this much.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they preceded that with a 10-point loss to Wazzu.

Those 4 losses in a row were at Georgia, to No. 6 Duke, to No. 18 Nevada and at Virginia. That came after the win over Washington.

Their SOS alone will get them no worse than an at-large bid. They aren't the Zags of the last decade. But they are still very good.

Draft saved Draft deleted