1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pregnancy pact in Gloucester (Mass.)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out there, but it happens to a bunch of white girls and its national news. Anyone know the pregnancy rates in some minority/inner-cities like Baltimore, DC, LA, Chicago. Is 17 girls a lot at one school? Or am I just throwing spaghetti against a wall? My old HS now has a daycare center even though the town is a big larger than Gloucester.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Gloucester. They're always from Gloucester.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

You can't get there from here.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The girl who is having a baby via a 24-year old homeless man is going to have one dumb baby. Not because the father is homeless, he is clearly the smarter one in all of this. But because the high school girl thought it would be a good idea to do a homeless man. The smell of beer cans must turn her on.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Because we are incapable of living our lives and making choices for ourselves and doing the things we need to in order to become responsible citizens without big daddy government's help [\American liberals post-great society]

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Go ahead, quote the thoughts of others. It's what you do best.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Ol' Wooderson was.

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older ... they stay the same age."

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Because it is the job of government to protect us and save us from ourselves, as we are greedy and self-destructive and incabale of taking care of ourselves. [\American liberals post-New Deal]

9. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

After reading the AP version of the story, the term "baby bump" needs to go away now.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Would you like to print the names of parents whose kids are bullies? Bad students? Kids who don't play nice? Kids who eat their boogers? Shall we print the names of parents whose kids are in juvenile hall?

I don't want a public school being the moral arbiter. Don't want a newspaper, either. Apparently, you're uncomfortable with government-sponsored behavior modification, but perfectly happy with privately-funded enforcement of apparently universal cultural mores.

You'll have to get back to me on your crusade to install a "you and your whole fuckin family!" public shame paradigm at the local rag.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Local radio host brought that up today that pregnancy has been glorified, JUNO and Jaime Lynn, and that may have something to do with this

12. Update from AP:
    No evidence of a pact. No word on 24-year-old homeless guy fathering a child.

Draft saved Draft deleted