1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predictions Please - PA Primary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Apr 22, 2008.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Sure, why not?

And Hillary will be represented by Rodney Harrison, a veteran -- sometimes accused of dirty tricks -- who tries valiantly to knock the ball away, but ultimately fails.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How come nobody's talking about the mother of all primary battles: Guam?

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Guam going to Obama. Too many military people remember Clintons shutting down bases.
    As for PA -- Clinton by 4 percent.

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

What he said.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How about Virginia? Guarantee you it's in play with Obama on top, along with Mark Warner in the senate seat, and Gerald Connolly turning Tom Davis' Republican House seat into a Democratic House seat. The state senate is already a narrow Democratic majority, and the governor's office is held by a Democrat who was also the first governor to endorse Obama.

The last time Virginia went Democrat for president was I believe Johnson.

6. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

As part of the "new generation of Democratic voters" (this is only my second Presidential election), I can say with 100 percent certainty that if Obama carries the popular vote, the delegate vote and the most states and loses the nomination because of superdelegates, I won't vote for her.

In fact, I probably wouldn't vote Democrat for a long time if that happens.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

First time I voted in a primary, because it's the first time I cared enough to shift from independent.

Voting for delegates almost fooled me. You have to really look to see who's committed for whom; it wasn't as if they were lined up in groups or anything.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If it's anything like Monday Night Raw last night, I'll say Umaga takes out both candidates and wins on write-ins.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Obama by 1% and Hillary demands a recount.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Unless you're like really into Hillary Clinton, I don't know how anyone could support a scenario where the only thing she wins is the supers. And I don't care if "thems the rules that were previously established." Well, just because they were already in place, doesn't make it right. And a lot of people would have every right to be pissed off if he won the most votes and the most delegates and was told "it's not your turn." It would be the perfect rallying cry for every Republican who has ever said to African Americans, "They only care about your votes. They don't care about you." You could have a historical debate about how "the superdelagates this, and superdelgates that," but that kind of hairsplitting ain't gonna play. As Zeke said, she lost this contest awhile ago. She just refuses to accept it. If he were behind like this, the drumbeat for him to get out of the race would be deafening. Her bullshit about how he shouldn't have "gone into San Francisco and said something about PA voters being bitter" was it for me. That's the line. I'm through with her. It gets a little old to hear "well, this is how the game is played. Toughen up, Obama supporter." Maybe part of the reason we have such a pathetic turnout in this country is that we keep excusing bullshit as "This is how the game is played. It was much harsher in my day, btw." Screw that.

Clinton by five.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[​IMG]

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well fucking said, DD.

Draft saved Draft deleted