1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predictions Please - PA Primary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Apr 22, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

We're not talking about Wyoming, SC and whatnot. I disagree about Neveda and I'd say Iowa, New Mexico, Missouri, Virginia, Colorado are all going to be more in play with Obama than they would with Clinton.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Perhaps not. I disagree with the "no way" part, but he is unlikely to win them. Still, he'll put them semi-in play, plus he'll be much better for down-ticket races. The Legislature and governorships are almost as important as the White House, and Obama would do much better than her for those races in just about every state.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not to mention he'd make McCain spend more money and effort in states a Republican normally wouldn't have to.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If Obama wins the nomination, wouldn't there be a chance of a massive mobilization of the significant number of non-registered black voters in Mississippi and Alabama, with the chance of history as a big motivator? That could put two states in play that Hillary would not have a prayer in.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Our voting site was unusually inactive. Of course, 11:30 a.m. isn't really a prime time, but you'd still expect to have the early lunch crowd going through. There were six (6) people in or around the voting booths.

Oh, yes ... I'm picking Hillary by a scant 1%, which should be a huge disappointment for her.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hillary +10%. Just enough to keep dragging this sucker out.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hillary by six and less than 10 delegates.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Pssssst ....

$4 gas, $120 oil, rising unemployment, foreclosures, and an uppity Al-Sadr.

If that keeps up, a lot of red states will be in play no matter which candidate gets the nom.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Clinton by seven.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The fine citizens of Philadelphia will boo whoever wins.

And who loses as well.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Sounds about right.

12. Which one does he "put in play"?
    Wyoming?
    SC?
    No freaking way.

Draft saved Draft deleted