1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predictions for 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Don Draper will break his new wife's heart.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One down. Two down. And the Jags are out. And it's only Jan. 3!

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Since I still have 20 minutes before the end of January 1st, here's my predictions:

The Patriots will beat the Saints, 27-24, in the Super Bowl. Brady is named the MVP and shaves that ridiculous hair cut.

Speaking of hair cuts, Justin Bieber will fade from the spotlight as his new album tanks due to a lack of teenage girls flocking to him as he ages.

The Fighter and the Social Network both earn Best Picture nominations but the award goes to something few people have seen, thus further alienating those casual movie fans who turn into the Oscars every year.

Oh, and the two hosts are going to bomb. Big time.

Speaking of bombs, North and South Korea will spend the entire year playing a giant game of chicken and they will get closer to nuclear war than ever before, only to have it all come to a close as Kim Jong Il dies of natural causes in August.

Gas will hit $3.50 and every pundit on every station will lament conservation while driving their giant SUVs and taking non-stop flights across the country every day.

The Heat will make it to the Eastern Conference Finals but fall to the Celtics, who lose to the Spurs 4-2 in the NBA Finals.

Pissed at how the offseason went, the Yankees will stagger to a sub-.500 record through July and then trade with four other teams before the deadline, getting just enough talent to push their way to the World Series, where they lose in six games to the Giants.

The NHL will crown its champion while most of America watched a repeat of King of Queens on their dvrs.

The Office's ratings will plummet without Steve Carrell and the show will be in full-fledged goodbye mode by October.

Summer 2011 proves a huge season for Hollywood flicks but doesn't meet expectations as the Hangover 2 earns at least 30% less than the original, Pirates 4 tops out at $180 million, Thor bombs, Cowboys and Aliens tanks, the last Harry Potter crushes everything in July and Transformers 3 fizzles. The surprise hit of the season? Captain America, which despite a slow start legs its way to a $250 million run.

Sarah Palin decides not to run for president as she realizes she's got no chance, whatsoever, of carrying any state east of Texas.

Obama struggles to match the hype his election brought about and despite his best efforts, enters 2012 looking like a 50-50 chance at reelection at best.

Also, my last prediction: I will fart. A lot.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Three down with Rich Rod, Haywood and Edsall.
    And I'll claim the ESPN staffer (Franklin) canned for off-air stuff on my 2010 predictions since it happened in 2010.

Draft saved Draft deleted