1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predictions for 2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fire away.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sorry LJB, I discovered I D-B'd so I changed the topic.

Anyway, I think it's safe to predict that both Jason Garrett and Tony Sparano will be head coaches somewhere in the NFL next fall.

3. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

LSU wins the BCS national championship. (To mark the event, Bill Brasky damn near drinks himself into a coma.)
    New England wins the Super Bowl.
    Bill Cowher comes out of retirement to coach the Panthers.
    Lakers trade Kobe to Chicago just before the deadline.
    Yankees have an awful season. Steinbrenner Jr. fires Joe Girardi by Labor Day.
    Lindsay Lohan poses nude for Playboy in an attempt to get her career going again. Doesn't work.
    1990s nostalgia starts in full swing in 2008, with an "X-Files" movie, more '90s themed stations and Kanye West working with a big '90s rapper/R & B singer.
    Guns N' Roses reunite.
    A truce is reached in the Blu-Ray/HD DVD format wars. Cheap combo players are introduced just in time for Christmas.
    Barack Obama is elected president of the U.S. (this is straight-up wishful thinking) He narrowly beats Mitt Romney.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The presidential election will be wackier than 2000.
    Pakistan and India will get in a shooting war, but cooler heads will prevail before the nukes start flying.
    A nuclear weapon/weapon of mass destruction will be used in a terrorist attack.
    Cheney won't finish his term as veep.
    Rolling blackouts will hit most of the U.S. during the hottest summer on record.
    The writers strike will make a dent in TV as it drags on, but on the flipside, the movies will be better in 2008 and 2009 as a result.
    A large chunk of the country will be hit by a paralyzing, late-season ice storm.
    A terror attack will happen on American soil or it will be stopped at the last second.
    America's world-wide rep will get a boost as a result from the country's response to the terror attack and the country's presence will decrease drastically in Iraq, but that's because American forces are putting a fire out somewhere else.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Elvis will stay dead.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

-- Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and Nicole Ritchie will do something stupid.

-- Lots and lots of insipid reality shows will be on TV. At some point the people will rebel, setting fire to their TVs and heading to the public library to check out copies of Brave New World, Steal This Book and What My Mother Doesn't Know.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Brittany will bite off Paris' nipples.

Or visa versa.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

BYH will continue to be a dickhead. :)

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Seeing these photos on Nov. 5

[​IMG]

President-elect John McCain, completing a Clintoneque comeback, stands in celebration with his running mate, Mike Huckabee.

[​IMG]

Sen. Hillary Clinton contemplates her concession speech in the wee hours of Tuesday's election returns.

10. Patriots and Celtics will join the Red Sox to give Boston a championship trifecta.

11. Meteor hits. We're all dead by Friday.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

-- People will continue to misspell Britney's first name, annoying me to no end

-- Mike will NOT get laid, making it nearly three years since he's gotten nookie

-- Stan will hack a hairball on my new sofa

Draft saved Draft deleted