1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predict the big scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, May 30, 2008.

?

What will be the big scandal of the general election?

1. McCain sex scandal

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Obama sex scandal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. McCain funny money business (a payoff/slush fund/tax issue/etc)

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Obama funny money business (a payoff/slush fund/tax issue/etc)

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. McCain says something truly inappropriate

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Obama gets another Jeremiah Wright-type eruption

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  7. Something with Cindy

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Something with Michelle

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  9. Other (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Nothing, really - just drips and drabs of shit nobody cares about

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Drips and dribbles of stupid shit. Kind of like what we have now.

2. All it will take is one "57 states" type comment during one of the debates.

Look for Obama's people to seek to greatly limit the number of debates. The pressure packed answer now situations have not worked well for the guy who's supposed to be so good at speaking. Look at how he's having to walk back the off the cuff - sure I'll meet with the leaders of Iran and North Korea statement.

The media can glow over the guy all they want but when the people start to really see the nightly gaffes the bloom will be off the rose. That's what did in Kerry and that's why Kerry stopped doing Q and A's for the last 4 months of the campaign (except for one night on The Daily Show where Kerry exhibited all the machismo and charisma of the tin man on Quaaludes).

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I don't consider Jeremiah Wright to be a big one, lugs. Big ones are the knockout punches -- it comes out and you have no chance to be president. Gary Hart. Larry Craig (not that he was running). Gary Condit. Elliott Spitzer.

I don't think either candidate has that level of scandal. If we have a knockout-style punch, it would be with an inadquately vetted vp nominee (think Eagleton).

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

McCain sex scandal? hahahahahahaha

5. Grimace

Grimace Guest

McCain's handlers better make sure he doesn't walk over a slippery surface. One fall on national TV and it's, "Hey, look at the old man!"

BTW, McCain had to cancel some appearances because he has a cold. I don't care what he says, 72 years old is pretty damn old.

Have you seen the pictures of Clinton and Bush at the beginning of their presidency and when they left? Imagine McCain?

Anyway, that's my guess: Something -- a fall, a medical scare -- that scares people against voting for an old man.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Obama gets caught buying cigs for a minor.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

McCain gets caught buying cigs for a minor. The minor? Obama.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

9. Armchair_QB

He'll be here all week folks. Be sure to try the veal.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hey, let me have my rare moment.

11. Armchair_QB

I did. I actually applauded at my desk when I read it. Everybody looked at me funny.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

As opposed to the rest of the time when they look at you funny when you don't clap?

Draft saved Draft deleted