1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prearranged Marriages

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DEB, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

There have also been some prolific cases where the bride was doused in gasoline and set on fire by the groom's family or actually killed. I hope they never legalize it because it could produce deadlly results.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But in theory, there's nothing wrong with it.
    In practice, people might do horrible things, but I'm not sure that goes to the legality of it.
    I'm of Irish descent, and arranged marriages haven't been a part of our culture for hundreds of years. I certainly wouldn't want to be involved in an arranged marriage.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You've never seen boots' wedding video. They say there were happier people walking in Bataan.

4. Cansportschick

I'd actually pay to see boots wedding video. Is it available for viewing on youtube?

5. Stop_Pre

Stop_Pre New Member

"The Namesake" is an outstanding book that casts arranged marriage in both positive and negative lights. It came out as a movie earlier this year and stars Kal Penn, the Indian dude from "Harold and Kumar," in a breakout dramatic role.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That would be LubeTube.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The cansportschick-deb dynamic is the far more interesting part of this thread.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In India, the bride's family gets rich upon marriage.

They emigate to America ... and they get rich upon divorce!

Caveat all mail-order emptors.

9. DEB

DEB Member

Cansportschick said something interesting yesterday at a work shower we had for a coworker. I think she was drunk or something and said that the one good thing that could potentially come out of arranged marriages is the sex life. Apparently, Indian women are known for Kama Sutra moves in the bedroom.

Can, I am now ducking under my desk so you can kill me...maybe you should have reconsidered drinking all that wine last night.

10. I found a photo of DEB and Cansportschick

[​IMG]

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Funny ...

12. Cansportschick

Yeah, funny to say the least. If only we looked or acted like that in our environment ::)

I make no mistakes about enjoying wine last night. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted